For the new year, I decided to continue my healthy lifestyle, but just become better than I am currently. I will be taking this week very easy, sadly I will not be able to go to the gym because the way this plan has been set up. So, to have success the first week I am going to transition my body into ketosis.
What is Ketosis?
Ketosis is a state at which your body is at an extremely high-fat burning rate. The brain even runs on fat from the ketone bodies, these are molecules in the blood which is like your blood sugar which become fuel for the brain after it has been converted from fat by the liver.
*I will have updates on my Ketone Level in the follow up post a week from today. *
How does this help me lose weight?
If I get my body into ketosis and stop supplying my body with access sugars and carbs. My body must use energy from somewhere else, if I don’t have sugar for it to burn through then it will burn through my fat. That’s what I want, I want to burn through fat so I can get rid of it.
So, what can I eat?
While getting my body in ketosis you want a very low calorie diet strictly of protein for the first week. Since I am a guy I can consume anywhere from 700 to 900 calories a day. Women are only allowed to consume 500 to 600 calories a day. Please remember this is the first week and these are protein calories that we are counting since we are only sticking with protein.
My Week One Menu
- 1 egg white You can get just egg white in a carton for about roughly six dollars.
- 1 Turkey Sausage Breakfast Patty I bought a bag of pre-cooked turkey sausage patties (These are my fav)
- 1 16oz. bottle of water
- Any Medications and Vitamins
- Meal Calorie Intake = 113
- 4 oz. of Deli sliced turkey (prepackaged is fine) This is when the scale will come in handy. You want to be sure you measure your food out for the week. Since this is deli meet it is good to go for about 2 weeks. I weigh the meat then bag it in a zip lock back and put it in the fridge.
- 1 cheese stick
- 1 16 oz. bottle of water with 2 MIO drops for electrolytes
- Meal Calorie Intake = 300
- 1 Tyson boneless skinless grilled chicken breast I weighed my chicken breast after I cooked them, they come out be roughly around 3.5 oz.
- 2 16 oz. bottle of water
- Meal Calorie Intake = 192.5
- 1 Atkins Shake (flavor of your choice) You can choose when to drink your shake if you have one a day. So, for me I will probably push to drink It at night before bed so my stomach is full and I can stop those late-night trips to the fridge.
- Meal Calorie Intake = 160
Total Day Calories Consumed = 765.5
This will be a repeat menu for the first week, I have done one similar before and it kept me on track.
So, today is Monday January 2, 2017.
I weighed in at 216.1 lbs and BF% (Body Fat %) is 28.6